Thursday, June 12, 2008

Windows Movie Maker

From time to time I am asked how to take some pictures, add a little music and burn a dvd. One of the easiest ways I think to do just that in a windows environment is Windows Movie Maker which is packaged with Windows XP. I once took a class (about two hours long) on this topic and found the program so intuitive that I finished a movie (undercover) while the instructor carried on… So, I’ve collected here some tutorials on the topics for those who would like to learn this themselves, today.. Have fun and see you on YouTube.

• If you have nine minutes and want an overview, check this out. I would start here if I were teaching a class. This talks about clips but keep in mind you can add still pictures as well.

• Atomic Learning – Free Tutorial – really it is free and my favorite. Here’s their write up:
o Welcome to our FREE tutorial series on Windows® Movie Maker 2.

Windows Movie Maker 2 lets you create, edit, and share your movies right on your PC. It's easy to use, yet it provides powerful capabilities that rival those of expensive computer editing packages.

You can download the software FREE from Microsoft®. It works with both Windows XP Home Edition and Windows XP Professional Edition.

Have a good day..

No comments: